Thursday, August 11, 2011

I swore I would never. . .

 What did you swear you would never do or would always do when you had your first that you just don't follow now?



This one is more of eating my words.  My older sister had 2 kids close together and she would drive 3 hours to my moms house.  There would be no floor in her car.  So many toys and food wrappers to keep 2 little kids happy.  I promised myself, my car would never look like that. 


Ha ha ha.  I am literally laughing at myself.  I wish I could pick my 12 passenger van and shake it out on a daily basis.  My van is s scary, I can't even describe it.  Every Single Day  That is my #1 laugh at what I thought motherhood would be like. 


Now what I thought I would do is have structure.  Play time, reading time, ect. . . with 9 kids my life is one word.  CHAOS. We still do those things, but just when we can fit them in.  I admit that some days, I don't even read to my kids.  I try to, do get me wrong  Some days are just too filled.  So there you have it. . . my deep dark secrets. 


What did you swear you would never or if you don't have kids, what do you swear you would never?

2 comments:

Stephanie Pulham said...

I love the bit about your car, mine looks the same. I swore I would never let my kids run around while I pushed an empty stroller. Not sure why that mattered to me, but more often then not our stroller is now empty while a child is walking beside it.

Jen said...

I am with steph. I thought I would never push an empty stroller while carrying a baby. But I do it all the time.