Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I wish I liked holidays.

Here is my attempt at making something out of Valentines day.  I managed to blink and bam . . . valentines was here.  In January, I found some cute cookie cutters I had wanted to use.  They were I heart you ones.  As of Monday, had I used them?  nope.  I was grateful none of the kids needed valentines boxes.  I tend to go over board with them.  But not win a prize creative.  Just more work for me creative.  So Monday, I ran some errands with the 3 oldest girls.  Right before, James tells me he needs a box.  Ugggggg, then about 10 pm Monday night, Annie throws on me that "Oh, by the way, I need a box tomorrow."  Double uggggggg.  So at 11 pm that night, I was able to start on 2 boxes.  I am happy to say that I did not go overboard.  I didn't even cricut anything.  I just covered them, put stickers for their names and let them add stickers in the morning.

Not too shabby.

Also, I usually make pink pancakes for valentines day.  For us, it is not about how much money you spend, but that we love each other.  But the bad news is that I didn't want to make dinner Monday night, so we had pancakes.  uggggg.  So, brilliant me made french toast and used the i heart you cookie cutters.  Yeah for me.  I didn't even need to make cookies.


I was late taking the preschool kids to school because I had to braid hearts in the 4 year olds hair and forgot that we had taken then car seats out.  I hate that.  


I couldn't leave out Annie.


Sadly, the Jr. High girls didn't want me to do their hair.  I guess you have to grow up at some point.  boo hoo


But they did do something fun for their friends.  We did a craft from the family fun magazine.  They even did it in the car as we drove around running errands.  


Can you tell what they are?  They are diamond rings made with pipe cleaners and hersey kisses.  They passed them out at school.  Too fun.

So, there you have it.  My attempt at a fun Valentines day.  Oh, and we had dance class and the I was running around all day, so we cleaned house all evening.  Awesome day.  How was yours?

No comments: