Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I can't think of a witty title for this.

The other day, I was in the shower and Mia decided she wanted to hang one of her papers from church on the wall.  She ran into a slight problem.  She couldn't find any tape.  (That is a reoccurring problem in my house.) So she used the next best thing, or so she thought.  Glue sticks.  Here is the thing.  Elly has always been addicted to drawing on things; wall, tables, globes, chairs.  So she took that as a opportunity for free wall coloring.

 I think this photo sums it up.  Mia is proud of herself and Elly knows she made a mistake and is awaiting punishment.  What did I do you ask?  I explained to Mia why tape is a good thing and had them each wash it off.  I thought Elly beat herself up enough.  When I asked her why she was crying, she said "Cause I drew on the wall."  Why do kids do things they know they shouldn't do?  Oh, wait.  Sometimes I do things I shouldn't do.  I guess we never learn.  

No comments: