Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Yeah, here is #2

Thankful – Day #2
Rebecca.  Today, or rather, a few days ago, I was thankful for my first baby girl.  She was quite the surprise.  Who knew I was fertile myrtle?  She is . . .
-          Amazing
-          Smart
-          A fabulous dancer
-          A great big sister
-          Mega responsible.  Gets herself up and ready to leave the house at 5:40am for drill. 
-          A super awesome babysitter.  Even when she was 11 and 12, she was the best babysitter I could find. 
-          She is an all around extraordinary girl. 
I am so proud to have her as mine.  I can’t believe how fast these years have flown.  It seems like just last week that she was placed in my arms for the first time.  Her and her long fingers and feet!! Now, she is on the countdown to her 16th birthday.  I only have a few years left with her and that makes me sad, yet it has been so fun to see her grow up and make great choices and even if we have moments of mommy/daughter stress, she never stays mad at me for long.  I am a bit of a fanatical mom.  She has her whole future ahead of her and I am excited to see what she does with it.  I love you Becca Boo Boo.
P.S. I am going to torture her and put these photos up.  A few months ago, we were waiting in a restaurant and she was making fun of #selfies.  I just can’t resist.  












And just because I can, here is her performance from John's birthday.



1 comment:

Brenda said...

I am thankful for Becca, too! Even when she is going crossed eyed ... she is beautiful! The drill team was wonderful!