Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Late as always. Here is my #1 thankful.

It seems that I am always a day late and a dollar short.  Or in this case, 6 days late to jump on the thankful bandwagon again this year.  So, here it goes. 

Thankful – Day #1
                I am thankful for my husband.  If I was a better blogger, I would have done this on Nov. 1st like I was supposed to and this would have been even better since that would have been his birthday.  Sadly, I didn't.  But oh well. I am still thankful for him anyways. 

He is super supportive; of all of us.  He is a bit crazy, not many men single handedly support 10 people.  But he does it.  Sometimes his hours are crazy, but he does that so he can be home more on other days.  He jumps right in and helps raise the kids where he can.  It takes something major for him to miss a performance or game of the kids.  He takes over so I can get breaks, like my 18 hour scrapbooking weekends. 

I met him while we were going to Ricks College in Jan. of 1996.  The night we met was a Sunday.  I was wearing a Kermit the frog modeling Calvin Klein underwear tee-shirt and a ratty pony tail.  

  It was a Sunday night and we were in a building at the college for ward prayer. He came up and introduced himself.  We were in an auditorium and he was below me on the slant.  So my first impressions were that he was short and had a high voice.   My roommate and I then sent him on the errand of giving some other guy that I was crushing on my phone number.   We were in the same family home evening group. We started hanging out together.  Low and behold, 3 ½ months later, on my 19th birthday, he proposed.  We were married 8 months later.  10 months later, we had a beautiful baby girl and 13 months later, we had another beautiful baby girl.  All before he graduated from BYU.  We were pretty crazy for starting a family so young.  Especially when you see how many kids we would end up having, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

Maybe that is good.  My roommates once told me that it is a good thing we found each other, because we are the only ones that can stand each other J

Here is John on his birthday.  He worked for part of the day and then he opened gifts.  One of the gifts was a patonk (sorry about the spelling) aka bocce ball.  He brought a set back for his dad from his mission to France.    



 Then we went to watch Becca and her drill team perform.  She did amazing as always. 


Then off to Golden Corral for dinner.  Now, that was very selfless since he doesn't really like that restaurant.  But since the kids do and we hadn't been for a few months, he sucked it up.


 Yes, that is Jason's plate of veggies since he had candy for breakfast and lunch.  I said he had to eat some sort of veggie before he hit the dessert.  That's my kid!!





I love you, honey.  

2 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks like John had a great birthday... I am jealous ... would love to go to Golden Corral with you all! Maybe in 15 months! :)

Anonymous said...

I love you too sweetheart. With all my heart. You are wonderful!!

John