Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ew, lice

Yeah, I got my first question. (From someone other than me, that is  ;)




So I have a question for you Miss. I'm sure it's not something many people want to ask, but with how many kids you have I'm sure you would know what to do... What do you do if your child comes home with lice? What are some of the best things to do to get rid of those stupid bugs?
No we do not have lice right now, it's just a question!!!!  Kim


Kim,
     Ew, Ew Ew,  luckily, only one of our foster sibling groups brought in lice.  And we have been super lucky to not have gotten it at school.  knock on wood.  But this is the best way to get rid of it.  


1.  Coat your kids head in Mayo at least for over night.  I know, disgusting and hard to wash off.  But coat their entire head with it.  Goop that crap on.  Then cover in plastic wrap and stick on a shower cap.  
Put a towel over their pillow and let them sleep away.



When they get up, comb out the mayo into a bowl then wash away.  It might take a few shampooing to get all the greasy out, so use a kind shampoo.  Make sure you comb out all the nits.

Meanwhile, wash everything.  I mean everything.  If you can't wash it and dry it on the hot setting, stick it in a bag, tie it tight and leave it for at least 2 weeks.  Then vacuum.  Vacuum like you have never vacuumed in your life.  Vacuum from the ceiling to the floor. Even matresses.  (I never realized what a strange word vacuum is.  If you write it over and over, it looks like a made up word.  ha ha)  It makes you feel like your house is clean after the bugs make it feel like your skin is crawling.

Well, there you have it.  I bet we will now get lice, at least my head is itching like I have it.  How about yours?

No comments: