Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grateful - Day 6

I wonder if I will ever be caught up and on the right day.  Oh well.

Today I am thankful for teachers.  My kids are in a traditional school.  Today at the elementary school, they perfomed their annual Veterans Day Concert.  The choir sings.  (My 3 kids are in that.  The teacher is so great.  Giving up her extra time to teach music to kids.  Love her!!)  And then each grade sings a patriotic song.  Now, I must admit, I have been tired of hearing "50 Nifty United States" sung on the top of my 5th graders lungs,  I was wondering if my head would explode.  But when the kids are singing, it gives me chills.  Now, it is hard to sit there with 4 other kids and keep them entertained. But I survived.  Kim and I only had to run after lost toddlers once.  That was great.



Anyway, to get back on track, this concert had me looking at these wonderful teachers.  I don't want to start a home-school - traditional school argument.  My opinion is to each their own.  What ever works with your family is awesome.  Do it.  I come from a family of educators.  My father is a jr. high teacher turned college professor PhD.  My mother is a travel agent turned elementary school teacher.  My mother in law is a current principal and my father in law is a elementary teacher turned mail carrier.  Needless to say, we have a lot of books in our house.  I am grateful for teachers everywhere and the time and effort they put into my kids education.  If I was in charge of the world, the teachers salary would be $56,000,000 a year and athletes would get $35,000.   

P.S.  I only have 10 more Veterans concerts to go.
P.P.S.  This is the first concert I forgot my camera.  Oops.

No comments: