Monday, November 14, 2011

Grateful - Day 8

I am grateful to be a mother.  As of today, I have been a mother for 14 years.  I remember it like yesterday, yet it feels like a dream.  Every once in a while, John and I play the what if game.  Such as . . . what if things were different and we didn't get pregnant 2 months into marriage.  (I met, married and had baby before I got my associate degree and all before John went to BYU.) What if she was our only one?  What if . . . you get the idea.  Would life have been easier?  Heck yes.  Well, maybe, you never know I guess.  I wouldn't change a thing.  We are at such a good place.  I have a husband who provides.  That is not an easy task.  I am very thankful for the decisions that we made years and years ago that I would stay home and be with the kids.  I did work graveyard for over a year and I did it all myself.  My job, baby, johns school and job.  We we did it on our own. That is all we had.  I didn't have help.  No one watched my baby but me.  I wanted to spend every second with her . Then we had another baby girl when Rebecca was 13 1/2 months old.  Little Cassandra joined our family.  Anyway, sorry this is starting to be a life story.  I didn't meant to do that, just wanted you to know how much I love my daughter.  She is amazing.  She is such a people person.  She is a fantablous dancer.  She could be a good piano player . . . someday.  She is super smart.  Way smarter than me.  She wants to be a social worker and help kids.  I am sure that has nothing to do with the fact that she has been a foster sister to 82 foster kids.  She has such a soft heart.  She is also very responsible.  I completely trust her.  Okay, enough on the sappy daughter stuff.  She had a pretty lame day.  The poor thing.  

Here is her day. 

 Sorry, they are backwards and I am too tired to fix them.  She got to open a few gifts earlier to take to Disneyland.  
 If you can't tell, this is her excited look.  She loves Perry the Platypus.  

 And we got her some giant perry slippers. 

 Fast forward to this morning.  She didn't get her breakfast in bed.  She wakes up too darn early for this lazy mom.  But I did make her waffles with buttermilk syrup.  Yum Yum.  Do you like her hair?  She hated it.  She had to do that because she had tech rehursal for her dance concert.  She hated it.  

 James got her smelling her new perfume.  Yummmmm.
 And a Cody Simpson Poster.  Becca is in love with him.  


Now fast forward until tonight.  We met up with Kim and Sammy and Bailey came.  We took cupcakes over to the school.  She had to be there until after 9 tonight.  We go walking in during their dinner break, yes the whole family, and we had to wait in between the two doors.  So we had to have all the kids hurry and hide.  
 She was pretty well surprised when we all came singing in the room for her.  Her face got bright red and she was a bit embarrassed, but she had fun.  Kim had a gift of some cute scarves and a crown for her.  So fun.  


 There is our crew and there is the Dance company.  I am so excited to go watch her preform.  More to come on that.  


 I had some cute cupcakes made.  Perry of course, with purple of course.  


Now just a very very short trip down memory lane.  I can't for too far back because I am too lazy to go dig though her scrapbooks and scan anything in.  So here are some photos from the digital age.  
 Cute cousins.
 This is coming up way to fast.  Ahhhh, heaven help me.  

Happy Birthday Rebecca, I love you.  Thank you or putting up with me and for being so dang wonderful. 

No comments: